1. If a stork builds a nest on your house, your house will never burn down nor will it ever be visited by robbers.
2. Killing a stork is considered unlucky. (I should hope so.)
3. A black stork is said to bring rain.
4. A white stork is said to bring drought.
5. A pair of lovers who see a stork will have a baby before long.
As I was admiring the structure, I noticed at the highest point what I first thought was a large plastic, decorative bird. I then realized that it, of course, wouldn't be plastic or decorative. I took out my camera and zoomed in (although not very well) on a live stork on a nest atop the tower. I also caught a brief glimpse of a young stork on the nest as it briefly flapped its wings from beneath the adult, (although I couldn't get a photo of the baby from that distance — and therefore don't know if it's a storkling or storklet).
I leave you all to consider superstition(?) #6:
Humans who betray their marriage partners will have their eyes pecked out by a stork.