Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Break-Dancing (With Clothes On)

The other night while out strolling before dinner (OK, I admit I was looking — unsuccessfully — for those half-naked male Brazilian dancers), I arrived in time to catch a group of break-dancers.



These guys are on the paseo every night. They put on quite a long show, usually while we're having dinner, so I can't catch more than a minute or two. This time, I was able to watch the entire performance. I hope you enjoy the three videos.

And, just so you know, I could do all these moves if I wanted to. I just don't want to.




12 comments:

  1. Break dance rule number one, shirts and tops must not be tucked in.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! These guys were great! Hope they got a 'hat-full' that evening!
    Imagine, Mitchell, doing that every night.....what a 'core' we would have! Speaking for myself of course.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jim:
      They seem to do well. I saw at least a couple of 5 euros notes go into the hat. On top of performing well, they're really engaging and know how to connect with the audience. And, Jim, doing that once... what a 'sore" we would have! (Of course, also speaking for myself.)

      Delete
  3. The agility and rhythm of break dancers always fascinates me. These guys were great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Carole:
      I wonder how many times they landed on their heads while learning their moves.

      Delete
  4. I love break dancers, they are so fun to watch! I used to be able to do a few tricks myself, badly though, I should add!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hayley:
      You're ahead of me. I never even tried to do a few of these tricks. But, if I did, I can guarantee it would have been very badly.

      Delete
  5. Just shows what a little confidence and verve plus some physical suppleness will do. Or, as here, a lot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Raybeard:
      And lots and lots of practice!

      Delete
  6. Of course you could do all those moves if you wanted to. Spain has good health care, doesn't it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Stephen:
      Well, we've got private insurance. So we're covered. But... I don't think so. (I just don't feel like it.)

      Delete

It's always great to hear from you...