Saturday, March 14, 2015

Like A Yo-Yo

We've been home in Fuengirola since Wednesday morning, and we're trying to get back to normal (OK, our version of normal).

I'm still jet-lagged and feeling a bit like a yo-yo. One moment, energized; the next, exhausted. One moment, content; the next, depressed. Then, back to content again.

I am so grateful for My Mother The Dowager Duchess's good health, and her own graciousness and gratitude throughout her confinement. The staff at the nursing home hugged and kissed her on her departure. They said she was the nicest patient they had ever had.

I'm also so grateful, as I always am, for San Geraldo.

Of course, I'm grateful for The Kid Brother. For his love, humor, and even for his early bird arrivals (before 8 in the morning) at the Duchess's and for his empty pockets (but only when it comes time to pay for a meal).

I don't know how to express my gratitude to you for your messages, comments, and positive thoughts. The Duchess has repeatedly told me that your kindness made her feel immediately better. Thank you all!

I've got a photo — in a folder somewhere — of the Dowager Duchess as we headed out for lunch her second day home. When I find it, I'll share it.

Meanwhile, some pix from our trip. (They get bigger with a click.)

SAN GERALDO READY TO LOAD UP FOR THE RIDE TO JFK.
(FORTUNATELY, A TAXI ARRIVED A FEW MINUTES LATER.)
READY TO TAKE OFF.  AT LEAST IT WASN'T SNOW.

THURSDAY NIGHT AFTER DINNER AT SANDPIPER.
BAILEY'S AND MALTESERS. (WE THOUGHT JESSICA HAD BROUGHT OLIVES!)
DUDO (ABOVE) AND MOOSE ARE SO HAPPY WE'RE HOME.
(BUT THEY WERE CLEARLY LOVED AND CARED FOR IN OUR ABSENCE.)
I HAVE A FEELING WE'RE NOT IN BROOKLYN ANYMORE.
(TRY PUTTING THAT ON A BAGEL.)
BACK TO THE BRACING, CYCLONIC WINDS OF LOS BOLICHES.
(SAN GERALDO SAYS HE'LL NEVER COMPLAIN AGAIN. I DON'T BELIEVE HIM.)


The Yo-Yo that came to mind:  Yo-Yo Ma, Alison Krauss, and "coming round right."
(You were expecting maybe the Osmonds? Not a chance!)

32 comments:

  1. Oh, so glad to hear from you :)
    It's amazing how our bodies must, apparently, be ruled by our chemical makeup... and sleep changes and long trips must just wreak havoc with all that. I hope you'll be sailing smoothly soon, but I'm really happy to know that the D.D. and San Geraldo and le kid hermano (how's that for tri-lingualism!) and you are all doing well :) Oh! And Moose and Dudo (who are long overdue for a blog post about them, eh?).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Judy:
      Thanks for the kindness and moral support all these weeks! Le Kid Hermano... I love it!

      Delete
  2. I'm greatly pleased that everything turned out so well with the DD and the two of you can now return to the wonderful rhythm of life in Spain.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Stephen:
      Thanks so much. A very positive trip, but I really love this rhythm.

      Delete
  3. I am pleased to hear all is well and you are back to some normality. The cats are too, I'm sure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Andrew:
      You are so kind. We and the cats are ecstatic.

      Delete
  4. So glad that the DD is doing so well, and that you and San G are home with Dudo and Moose again.

    I've missed seeing you here. (Exquisite music!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jacqueline:
      Thanks, sweetheart! I knew you'd love the music.

      Delete
  5. Mitchel now relax. East or west home the best.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gosia:
      You are so right. Thank you for your thoughtfulness.

      Delete
  6. As I listen to Yo-Yo and Alison, I realize that all is well with you.....give it some time and things will be level once again.
    The cats must be overjoyed with your return.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jim:
      I love Yo-Yo Ma. I love Alison Krauss. And the two of them together... Brilliance and bliss. The cats are soooooo happy. Moose hasn't stopped "talking" since we got home (except when he sleeps).

      Delete
  7. So glad DD is doing so well and that you are back in Spain with the kitties. Doesn't a change in one's everyday routine make you appreciate your routine. We have been there a few times.
    All the best to you both and to DD and bro too!

    Ron
    (now we are hunkering down for the 8th snow storm this winter with ~ get this! ~ one more to come on Wed.......I'm so thankful that we made it through the winter and that there are only 2 storms remaining! I have another Monumental Hurdle that I achieved today. )
    Cheers!
    Ron

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ron:
      I cannot believe all the snow you've had. There wasn't much accumulation in New York City, but the temps were bone-chilling. So glad to be back in Southern Spain. Went for a long walk in the sunshine yesterday. Rainy and gray today, but we're not complaining... yet. Congrats on the monumental hurdle. I promise to start catching up on your (Sophie's) blog starting today. I sure have missed it!

      Delete
  8. Glad to hear that your Mother is doing so well and that you are home again safe and sound. When I saw that picture of San G. with all that luggage right beside that motorcycle I was beginning to have some doubts ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sharon:
      I had decided to snap a photo of San Geraldo since he was standing there in just a sweatshirt. It was still too cold for just that, but we decided to tough it out and pack our heavy stuff for the trip home. Then I noticed the motorcycle and moved back a bit. I should have loaded it up for the photo op!

      Delete
  9. Wonderful music! So glad the DD is better. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Michelle:
      Thank you so much for all the good wishes. I listened to that song at least five times while I wrote this post.

      Delete
  10. Welcome home! You'll be back in the groove in no time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Walt the Fourth:
      So good to be back. And so good to be back on such a high note. Thanks, as always!

      Delete
  11. That fish has been smacked with several baseball bats

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. John:
      And to think that's what that fish actually looks like... Well, it possibly looks a bit better when alive.

      Delete
  12. It must be nice to be back home, to the kids and the friends and the views, and knowing that the DD is so much better!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Glad you are tucked save and sound back in your home. Dudo and Moose are REALLY happy you are back I see. If that fish was meant to look appetizing, someone missed the mark lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheapchick:
      Even the cats would turn their backs on that fish.

      Delete
  14. Was it a direct flight from NYC or do you transit in Madrid?
    Nice to be home am sure. All the best!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Laurent:
      We flew Málaga to Madrid to JFK... and back. Delta runs direct flights between Málaga and JFK, but only during the summer. Too bad!

      Delete
  15. Oh there is no place like home; I heard that once in a lullaby.
    I am glad you are safe home.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Spo:
      I've heard that saying, too. Unbelievably, it was said about KANSAS!

      Delete
  16. These photos are fun, except for that ugly mass that wouldn't quite fit on a bagel. What is it, Mitchell?

    Allison Kraus has a most heavenly voice.

    Thanks for sharing your adventures.

    ReplyDelete
  17. It took me a moment to realize that is a FISH!

    Welcome home. So glad the Duchess is feeling so much better!

    ReplyDelete

Please visit www.movingwithmitchell.com if you would like to comment or stay up to date. I stopped posting here and reproduced all previous posts, as well, 25 September 2018. Thanks!!!