Friday, August 26, 2016

Los Ciclonicos And The Cyclones

As you might have noticed, San Geraldo regularly complains about what he calls the cyclonic winds (los ciclonicos) that regularly whip up throughout the year, but primarily in winter, in our area of the Mediterranean (Alboran Sea).

The Dowager Duchess lived in a similarly cyclonically susceptible area on the Atlantic Ocean where it approaches New York Harbor.

IN NEED OF SOME SKIN RESURFACING?

The "cyclonic winds" in Brooklyn are also less common in summer, but we had one of those days last week. If you were unfortunate enough to be on the beach, you would have received free microdermabrasion. I was on the boardwalk.

BROOKLYN'S MINOR-LEAGUE BALL TEAM.
LOCATED IN CONEY ISLAND AND APPROPRIATELY NAMED "THE CYCLONES."
CONEY ISLAND'S OLDEST REMAINING ROLLER COASTER.
IT OPENED IN 1927 THE DAY AFTER THE DOWAGER DUCHESS WAS BORN...
... AND IT´S CALLED THE CYCLONE! THE DUCHESS NEVER WENT FOR A RIDE.

10 comments:

  1. A very smart Duchess she was!!
    I wouldn't go near it either! Even if it is presumably well-maintained.
    It is usually always windy, to varying degrees of course, down at the beaches here......all year round.
    Yes, I could use a sand-blast or two!! lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Todd rode it once before I met him. I was never that brave.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't do roller-coasters, there are plenty of adventures

    ReplyDelete
  4. My Mom went on this ride in 1956 with a dear friend. Now I know why I stay clear of these rides ~ not a pretty sight to say the least ~ screaming and wailing and gnashing of teeth!

    Your Mom was one smart cookie!!

    Ron

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't like roller coasters...a carousel is just my speed!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mitchell you mum was wise woman..

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would ride it in a heartbeat. I love those old wooden rail roller coasters. I did get a chance to ride the one on the Santa Cruz boardwalk- you probably know exactly the one I am talking about - and loved every exhilarating moment of it. I just looked it up to see that it opened in 1924.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I wouldn't go for a ride either!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am of the vote we should ride the roller coaster before it is too late.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I LOVE rollercoasters. I have yet to get Carlos on one though!

    ReplyDelete

Please visit www.movingwithmitchell.com if you would like to comment or stay up to date. I stopped posting here and reproduced all previous posts, as well, 25 September 2018. Thanks!!!