Saturday, April 29, 2017

An Artist In The Kitchen / Un Artista En La Cocina


San Geraldo makes the simplest kitchen creation look like a work of art. For example, yesterday's lunch salads. I've shared two photos. The first is the vegetarian version for my vegetarian friends (like Raybeard). The second is with the addition of some ham. As they say in California, "Enjoy."

In Spanish, one way to wish someone a pleasant meal is to say, "Buen provecho."

I've often been asked by Spanish friends, "How do Americans say buen provecho?"

My usual answer? "Bon appétit."

By the way, it's been raining for two days. The wind is blowing. The sea is rough. According to the weather forecast, however, it stopped 9 minutes ago and it's now partly sunny. There will be no more rain for 6 hours. I have quite an imagination!


San Geraldo hace que la creación de cocina más simple se vea como una obra de arte. Por ejemplo, las ensaladas del almuerzo de ayer. He compartido dos fotos. La primera es la versión vegetariana para mis amigos vegetarianos (como Raybeard). El segundo es con la adición de un poco de jamón. Como dicen en California, "Enjoy".

A menudo me han preguntado los amigos españoles, "¿Cómo dicen los estadounidenses buen provecho?"

¿Mi respuesta habitual? "Bon appétit."

Para tu información, ha estado lloviendo durante dos días. El viento sopla. El mar es agitado. De acuerdo con el pronóstico del tiempo, sin embargo, se detuvo hace 9 minutos y ahora es parcialmente soleado. No habrá lluvia durante 6 horas. ¡Tengo bastante imaginación!



24 comments:

  1. They say that presentation is everything and San Geraldo certainly has that down pat!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Debra:
      Well, I don't know about it being everything (my meals tended to look much better than they tasted), but Jerry's got it all covered.

      Delete
  2. Start without me.....I'll be right there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. mistress maddie:
      What's taking you so long. We've already two days of these. Today... fresh mango!

      Delete
  3. Damn. I just got through JP's post about simple food, which gave me an idea for dinner.

    Then i read Cookie's post about disgusting foods, and I decided we'd be better off fasting today.

    Then San Geraldo made a gorgeous salad--either one would be a treat--and now I back to thinking about dinner!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am ready for my lunch now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wilma:
      Get over here in the next 45 minutes and today's salad will be ready.

      Delete
  5. Those dishes look both tasty and healthy. Yum!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Stephen:
      They are so good and pleasing to the eye.

      Delete
  6. Presentation all the way!! So colourful and inviting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jim:
      Even the colors are delicious. Today there's fresh mango.

      Delete
  7. Both versions look divine, and healthy! I believe that food should always look appetizing. Even if it tastes good, if it doesn't appeal to my eyes I will like it less.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Mitchell, how nice your meal was a feast for the eyes and tummy. Being a vegetarian the first photo appeals the most to me! Looks scrumptious!
    Take care.
    Robin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Robin:
      I'm glad I included the first image, too. It's much more beautiful to look at.

      Delete
  9. There is no English/American equivalent as Yanks eat food as fodder, not as a pleasure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Spo:
      Oh, I don't know that that's true in general. But, before I met Jerry, that IS the way I ate.

      Delete
  10. I like the two salads quite lovely in terms of food presentation.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Laurent:
      Jerry always does a great job on presentation even with the simplest of meals. He can't even put cookies on a plate without making them look beautiful.

      Delete

Please visit www.movingwithmitchell.com if you would like to comment or stay up to date. I stopped posting here and reproduced all previous posts, as well, 25 September 2018. Thanks!!!