Saturday, April 8, 2017

I've Got To Be Me / Tengo Que Ser Yo

Apparently, some people don't think the below photo, from my March 27th blog post, was really me. Apparently, some people think that I photoshopped more than just the beard and tattoo. They actually think I photoshopped my head and the wine bottle — and the beard and tattoo — onto someone else's body.

Al parecer, algunas personas no creen que la foto de abajo, desde mi blog de 27 de marzo, era realmente yo. Al parecer, algunas personas piensan que yo hice más que la barba y el tatuaje en photoshop. Ellos realmente piensan que mi cabeza, la botella de vino, la barba, y el tatuaje estan en el cuerpo de otra persona.

PHOTOSHOPPED, BEARD AND TATTOO ONLY.
PHOTOSHOP, SOLAMENTE BARBA Y TATUAJE.

So, here is the original, un-doctored photo to prove that it really is me. (And, yes, I really do own that shirt!) It's followed by photos of me in my youth to show how well defined I've always been.

Así que, aquí está la foto original para demostrar que realmente soy yo. (Y, sí, realmente tengo esa camiseta!) Es seguido por fotos de mí en mi juventud para mostrar lo bien definido que he estado siempre.

HONESTLY, UNRETOUCHED.
SINCERAMENTE, SIN RETOQUE.
OBVIOUSLY UNRETOUCHED.
OBVIAMENTE SIN RETOQUE.
LOOK AT THAT DEFINITION!
¡MIRA LA DEFINICIÓN!

30 comments:

  1. That 'Obviously UnREtouched' one I can believe. I trust that at that age you were also still untouched!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. Travel:
      Thanks. I never thought so. Must be a good angle!

      Delete
  3. Defined and refined, I'd say!
    Such a cutie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I knew you didn't retouch anything. Not being here long... I knew you are a fit strapping lad!!!!! I much prefer the second photo!!!! What exactly did someone think you retouched???

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. mistress maddie:
      I can do wonders with PhotoShop. I think the idea was the only thing real was my face (under the beard).

      Delete
  5. Mitchell, you are killing me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bob:
      Doncha wanna be hot like me? The swim trunks in the bottom photo, especially!

      Delete
  6. I never doubted it was you. I'd give anything to have your proportions. As you know, I've been working on my weight lately and the best I hope to achieve is "stocky."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Stephen:
      As you can see by the last two photos, I had nothing to spare when I was growing up. The idea of being called "stocky" instead of "skinny" or "undernourished" was my fantasy!

      Delete
  7. That photo of you as a teenager made me feel like a dirty old woman! Haha! I'll bet you drove the guys and girls crazy at that age!

    (You're still quite handsome, I should add!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jennifer:
      I had just turned 15, and oh, yeah, I was beating them off with a stick. (Everyone was trying to feed me! "Eat something!")

      Delete
  8. I had no doubts that it was you. I was just surprised that you had a striped tank top!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wilma:
      Ha! That's what my friends here said, too. I promise I wasn't wearing it with striped or plaid shorts. Oh, wait, I might have been wearing red plaid EQUIPO underwear. If I ever get hit by a bus, I'm going to be so embarrassed when they see my underwear in combination with one of my shirts!

      Delete
  9. Me, having a suspicious mind. Now wishes to put forward the proposition that the folk who thought that the photo was not you; suggests that they may be not who they purport to be or look like ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heron:
      Oh, you're sounding a bit like the New Yorker here!!!

      Delete
  10. Big black beard or not, you look great in a tank top.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kirk:
      Aw, thanks. I have a bunch but that's the only one that's not a solid color. I actually thought of changing the stripes from blue to red (in PhotoShop) for the blog post.

      Delete
  11. I am using your translations to try to improve my Spanish. Much more interesting than any textbook!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Margaret:
      Oh, I'm so glad you're enjoying it. You, too, will soon be speaking broken Spanish just like me! My apologies!

      Delete
  12. I assumed that was you, beyond the long black beard!
    You really keep in shape Mitchell!
    Robin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Robin:
      Thanks. Being undernourished and always trying to put on muscle helped in later years. Now I love to exercise. But I still see myself as that bean pole in the earlier pictures.

      Delete
  13. I too think you look guapo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Spo:
      Aw, thanks. My favorite, though, is that last shot. If I still had those trunks, I'd ask you to incorporate them into a Spo shirt!

      Delete

Please visit www.movingwithmitchell.com if you would like to comment or stay up to date. I stopped posting here and reproduced all previous posts, as well, 25 September 2018. Thanks!!!