Saturday, April 1, 2017

The Power Of Love (El Poder Del Amor)

At the request of our friends at Mesón Salvador, today's post is first in English and then in Spanish (my fractured Spanish, forgive me). 
A petición de nuestros amigos de Mesón Salvador, el post de hoy es primero en inglés y luego en español (mi fracturado español, perdóname).

Every time we go to Mesón Salvador (our favorite restaurant in Fuengirola — and possibly the world), we not only enjoy an exceptional meal, but we are showered with love and affection. We receive hugs, kisses, and warm greetings from everyone. No matter our moods when we arrive, we are filled with love and joy (and good food) once there.

Cada vez que vamos a Mesón Salvador (nuestro restaurante favorito en Fuengirola — y posiblemente en el mundo), no sólo disfrutar de una comida excepcional, estamos llenos de amor y afecto. Recibimos abrazos, besos, y buenos saludos de todos. No importa nuestros estados de ánimo cuando llegamos, salimos llenos de amor y alegría (y buena comida).

ADRIÁN DECORATED A DESSERT FOR SAN GERALDO (CHOCOLATE, VANILLA, AND COOKIE-LAYERED CAKE).
ADRIÁN DECORÓ UN POSTRE PARA SAN GERALDO (TARTA DE CHOCOLATE, VAINILLA, Y GALLETA).
FOR SAN GERALDO.
PARA SAN GERALDO.
FOR ME.
PARA MI.
AND BECAUSE ONE DESSERT ISN'T ENOUGH...
Y PORQUE UN POSTRE NO ES SUFICIENTE...
DAVID, CAUGHT UNAWARES.
DAVID, COGIDO DESPREVENIDO.
ADRIÁN, ALEJANDRO, AND DAVID. THE STANDARD POSE.
ADRIÁN, ALEJANDRO, Y DAVID. LA ACTITUD ESTÁNDER.
THIS IS WHAT I GOT WHEN I SAID, "MORE NATURAL!"
CUANDO YO DIGO, "MÁS NATURAL!"

Our "family" at Mesón Salvador is a perfect example of why we are so proud to call Spain home.

Nuestra "familia" en Mesón Salvador es un ejemplo perfecto de por qué estamos tan orgullosos de decir que España es nuestro hogar.


That's the power of love...
Ese es el poder del amor..

36 comments:

  1. You guys have a good thing going here!! I understand now why you go on those long walks....to burn off all those delicious desserts!!
    Nothing better than a crisp, white shirt!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jim:
      What's all this about the Mediterranean diet?!?

      Delete
  2. I am not a fan of desserts, per se, but that trio of desserts, AKA Adrian, Alejandro, and David, are spectacular.
    I see several reasons why you love the place.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bob:
      And there are several more! The nicest guys. The best hugs. And everything is delicious...

      Delete
  3. I can see why that is your favorite restaurant....

    ReplyDelete
  4. DAYUM! good food and HAWT MENZ...who could ask for anything more?

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's amazing to think of a restaurant family being so... like family! or even friends :)
    Are you going to translate all of our comments into Español? ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Judy:
      It's not completely unusual in the more traditional, friendlier, local places to be referred to as "family." But at Mesón Salvador, they really mean it. I don't exaggerate when I say how much they all mean to us.

      Delete
  6. Looks like the love is reciprocal - always a good thing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wilma:
      Sincere, warm, kind, funny... The best in every way.

      Delete
  7. HELL with those three....WHO NEEDS DESSERT!!!! Hand me a can of Redi Whip and let the fun begin!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. How wonderful that you've landed in such a loving and supportive place.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Stephen:
      We went here for lunch when we were down from Sevilla looking for an important -- simply because we had stopped at the hardware store a few doors down before lunch and before going to see our apartment for the first itme. We thought, "Well, this is convenient." We had no idea we were walking into one of the most popular -- with good reason -- local places (since 1969). We fell in love immediately and then ended up living within a short walk. Our first day in town, we went back .. And we were remembered. What a welcome.

      Delete
  9. well if that isn't love there's no Glocca Mora!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Willym:
      An incredible place. I've never experienced another like it. You know, I've been wondering: How are things in Glocca Morra? Is that little brook still leaping there?

      Delete
    2. Well they tell me the willow tree is still weeping there!

      Delete
    3. Willym:
      Thanks for making me smile before bedtime. Tooralay!

      Delete
  10. You have obviously landed in the right place! The restaurant guys are adorable in the picture 2.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Shawn:
      The restaurant guys are adorable in person, too. Can you feel the love?

      Delete
  11. As I am learning Spanish I appreciate your bilingual entries.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Spo:
      Thanks! I'm going to try and continue. Great practice for me and opens up my blog to many more of our friends.

      Delete
  12. I wish you would write all your posts in Spanish and English, Mitchell! I love this!

    My Spanish lessons have been falling by the wayside because all of my Spanish speaking friends have moved away. This was fun and educational. :)

    Muchas gracious, mi amigo! Que tenga una buena noche, y a San Geraldo tambien! ( please excuse the missing punctuation marks, I can't do them on this keyboard........)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jennifer:
      Thanks so much for the feedback. I'm seriously considering it. It means many of our friends and acquaintances here can read my blog, too, and it's great practice for me (and I need it)! Another bi-lingual post is coming today.

      Delete
  13. Hi Mitchell, what an incredible family you have in Spain! The dessert's are scrumptious looking along with the gentleman serving them.
    Thanks for sharing. ;)
    Robin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cat Lover:
      Those gentlemen are even more scrumptious when you get to know them! Hard to believe. And, oh, those desserts!

      Delete
  14. This post made me smile a bunch! If I ever get over to your neck of the woods, I will visit this restaurant for sure. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Linda deV:
      One of the best reasons to visit Los Boliches! And they make me smile every time I see them.

      Delete
  15. These handsome guys can make me some chocolate anything anytime!!!

    Those javas look mighty tasty too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ron:
      Everything tastes better when it's made with love... and by David, Adrián, and Alejandro.

      Delete

Please visit www.movingwithmitchell.com if you would like to comment or stay up to date. I stopped posting here and reproduced all previous posts, as well, 25 September 2018. Thanks!!!