Sunday, October 1, 2017

Parsley, Sage, Rosemary, And Something / Perejil, Salvia, Romero Y Algo

La versión español está después de la versión inglés.

I HAVE MUCH more to share from our time in New York in September, but current events (nice ones) keep redirecting my attention. This week, it's my cousin Sheree (as she says, "pronounced like the wine"). She's been doing some traveling in Europe and joined up here in Málaga with an especially charming old friend, Janet, from Hastings (south of London). They took the train to Los Boliches Friday for the day. We had lunch at Mesón Salvador. And we're meeting them again for dinner in Málaga tonight.

While Sheree played a bit on the beach, Janet and I talked nearby about the beach at Scarborough in England, where Janet went to university.

Sheree sang... loudly, "Are you going to Scarborough Fair? Parsley, sage, rosemary, and WINE..."

OK, Sheree did have three glasses of wine with lunch, but she seriously thought those were the lyrics. This could explain why she and San Geraldo like each other so much (the screwed up lyrics, not the consumption of wine).

TENGO MUCHO MÁS que compartir de nuestro tiempo en Nueva York en septiembre, pero los eventos actuales (agradables) siguen redirigiendo mi atención. Esta semana, es mi primo Sheree (como ella dice, "pronunciado como el vino"). Ha estado viajando por Europa y se ha unido aquí en Málaga con una encantadora y encantadora amiga, Janet, de Hastings (al sur de Londres). Tomaron el tren a Los Boliches el viernes para el día. Almorzamos en Mesón Salvador. Y los vamos a encontrar otra vez para cenar en Málaga esta noche.

Mientras Sheree jugaba un poco en la playa, Janet y yo estábamos hablando de la playa de Scarborough en Inglaterra, donde Janet fue a la universidad.

Sheree cantó en voz alta (en inglés obviamente), "¿Vas a Feria de Scarborough? Perejil, salvia, romero y VINO ..."

OK, Sheree tenía tres copas de vino con almuerzo, pero ella pensaba seriamente que esas eran las letras. Esto podría explicar por qué ella y San Geraldo se gustan tanto (las letras mal hechas, no el consumo de vino).

SAN GERALDO AND SHEREE.
SAN GERALDO CON SHEREE.
MY SEAFOOD SOUP WAS PREPARED ESPECIALLY FOR ME WITHOUT ANY SHELLS! BUT THE ABOVE IS NOT MY SOUP!!!
MI SOPA DE MARISCO ERA PREPARADA ESPECIALMENTE PARA MÍ SIN CÁSCARAS! PERO ESTA NO ES MI SOPA!!!
EVERYONE ELSE HAD TO COOK (I.E., REMOVE SHELLS).
TODOS TUVIERAN QUE COCINAR (I.E., QUITAR CÁSCARAS).
REBANADA: TOAST, PATÉ, GOAT CHEESE, CARAMELIZED ONIONS.
REBANADA CON QUESO DE PAVO, PATÉ, Y CEBOLLAS CARAMELIZADAS.
WITH JANET.
CON JANET.
COUSINS.
PRIMOS.
SHEREE SINGING ABOUT SCARBOROUGH FAIR... AND WINE.
SHEREE CANTANDO DE FERIA DE SCARBOROUGH... Y VINO.
A BRAND NEW WINE BAR IN THE NEIGHBORHOOD...
UNA NUEVA VINERÍA EN EL BARRIO.
APPROPRIATELY NAMED FOR MY COUSIN! (WITH SOME HELP FROM ME... AND PHOTOSHOP.)
¡APROPIADAMENTE CON EL NOMBRE DE MI PRIMA! (CON UN POCO DE AYUDA DE MÍ, Y PHOTOSHOP.)

26 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. anne marie:
      From these memories and photos, it's hard to believe what's going on all around us.

      Delete
  2. I like Sheree ... and wine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bob:
      So does, Sheree... well, the wine part. She's a sweetheart.

      Delete
  3. I don't drink, so I never heard of Sheree wine anyway

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Adam:
      Sherry comes from the Spanish city of Jerez (Sherry is the English translation of Jerez). Jerez is a couple of hours from here, and I've learned to appreciate the wines.

      Delete
  4. Looks like another fun time out with friends and family. I'm funny about the color of things. I don't know I could have ate what you had. things really army green or really yellow freak me out. You must have enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. mistress maddie:
      I'm with you about the color of my foods, but I've learned to adapt to these incredible soups.

      Delete
  5. Looks like a great time! How wonderful you all were able to meet up.
    Take care.
    Robin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Robin:
      The last time I saw Sheree was 10 years ago when I was in Florida on business; she and Jerry hadn't seen each other in 21! Way too long.

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. Judy:
      Since childhood. She visited me when I was away at college (she was only 16) and that same year she and I went to Europe together to visit my sister and her husband (and my brand-new niece).

      Delete
  7. Almost right your cousin about the wine; except it is
    "Remember me to one who lives there
    She once was a true love of mine"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heron:
      There's proof the lyric is "wine." "Thyme" doesn't rhyme with "mine"!

      Delete
  8. Your whole family is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jennifer:
      Sheree is the only one you've met from my father's side of the family... and the one I grew up closest with.

      Delete
  9. I love all type of seafood soups, and shells don't bother me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Stephen:
      Removing shells is cooking. Other than that, they don't bother me either.

      Delete
  10. Hey, give me "wine" over "thyme" ANY day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Debra:
      Me, too. If you give me "thyme," I'd have to cook with it!

      Delete

Please visit www.movingwithmitchell.com if you would like to comment or stay up to date. I stopped posting here and reproduced all previous posts, as well, 25 September 2018. Thanks!!!