|CHICKEN COVERED IN SPICED MUSHROOM SAUCE.|
(YOU MIGHT RECOGNIZE THE OTHER STUFF ON THE PLATE)
Spiced Mushroom Sauce
• Fry Light cooking spray
• 1 finely chopped onion
• 1 red chili, deseeded and finely chopped
• 1 tsp each minced garlic and ginger
• 1 bay leaf, 1 tsp ground coriander
• 1/2 tsp mixed peppercorns, coarsely ground
• 1/4 tsp turmeric
• 200g close cup mushrooms, sliced
• 145 ml chicken stock (Bovril)
• 4 tbsp quark cheese*
• Salt and freshly ground black pepper
• Small handful of freshly chopped coriander to garnish
1. Spray a pan with Fry Light and fry the onion, chili, garlic, ginger, bay leaf, peppercorns, ground coriander, and turmeric for 5 minutes. (Add a little water if sticking.)
2. Stir in the mushrooms, stock, and bring to the boil and simmer for 5 minutes until thickish consistency.
3. Take the pot off the boil and stir in the quark cheese. Season to taste and scatter with chopped coriander. Serve immediately.
*Very low-fat fromage frais can be used instead of quark cheese.
Not to be outdone, I 've been refining my culinary skills. I've recently been spotted pouring my hot coffee over ice at Cafe Manila ... without assistance. And I made my own gourmet "Papaya Breakfast Bowl" the other morning. Half a papaya, Greek yogurt, and corn flakes (I was out of muesli).
Well, San Geraldo cut the papaya and scooped out the seeds. But I spooned in the yogurt and corn flakes all by myself. Brilliant.
|SO BEAUTIFUL IT WAS A SHAME TO EAT.|