Wednesday, December 23, 2015

I Found The Ticket!!!

I have exciting news: Last night, I found a "Lotería Nacional" ticket in my wallet!

So much for my "safe place." I don't know what I was thinking. A wallet was certainly not the safest place in the world for a piece of paper worth €400,000.



The strange thing is, however, the ticket I found was not actually mine. I have no idea who it belongs to (to whom it belongs, I know), but the ticket I found is not El Gordo. And, as we all know, MY ticket was [El Gordo]. That's right. The Big One.

I went online and entered the number that appeared on not-my ticket and it, of course, came up a big goose egg. Zilch. Zip. Zippo. Squat. Naught. Nada!


I would love to know who swapped the tickets and is now out on the town celebrating.

I am extremely sorry to disappoint you, as I had planned on splitting the winnings evenly among us all. (Note: I do not plan to do so next year.)

18 comments:

  1. Oh, what a terrible disappointment! - and for so many of us too. I was already making plans on giving the pussies celebratory treats and now they're going to feel let down and will be be sulking right through the hols. Still that's fate for you. Better luck next time. (You may care to note that if and when I win, you are on my 'list'. Just sayin')

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ray:
      That's so very generous of you. (But do you even buy lottery tickets?)

      Delete
  2. Now, since I learned how to spell, I'll say it again:

    I've got a call in to Interpol ... or maybe some Spanish mental health authorities??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bob:
      Oh, a call was placed to the mental health authorities a long time ago. I just told them I wasn't really crazy; it was just a translation problem.

      Delete
  3. Prettiest lottery ticket I've ever seen. Too bad a sneak thief swapped it for the real "big" one. You must keep a closer watch on your wallet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wilma:
      It's amazing how easy it's been for me to get over the theft.

      Delete
  4. Are you saying I shouldn't wait for a check from you? Shoot. Merry Christmas to you, San Geraldo, the DD and Kid Brother.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Stephen:
      Oh, sure you should wait. The check is in the mail.

      Delete
  5. That lottery ticket really caught my eye... can you even try to imagine a lottery ticket in the USA with the Nativity Scene on it? I don't think the Catholic church even puts that on their bingo cards....

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such sad news. I didn't win either this year. My chances were only ever so slightly reduced by the fact that I didn't buy a ticket. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Onevikinggirl:
      This is the first time I've bought a ticket here. You'd think that would have counted in my favour.

      Delete
  7. Merry Christmas Eve, Mitchell! Pass it on to San Geraldo, Dudo, and Moose :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Judy:
      Aw, thanks! And finally, merry day after Christmas Day to you and yours!

      Delete
  8. oh my! A religious lottery ticket? Amazing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Spo:
      That's Spain for you. And yet religion does not define politics and human rights. A fascinating place.

      Delete

Please visit www.movingwithmitchell.com if you would like to comment or stay up to date. I stopped posting here and reproduced all previous posts, as well, 25 September 2018. Thanks!!!