Friday, May 27, 2016

The Perfect Martina in Mijas Pueblo

Before taxiing up to Mijas Pueblo Monday morning, I did some research on restaurants and found one that sounded good for lunch. Described by visitors as "off the beaten path" and "a quiet escape," Restaurante La Martina sounded like a good option.

It was better than good. It's on one of the main pedestrian streets in the center of town but the neighborhood very quickly became residential. In addition, La Martina is up some steps on a terrace that overlooks the street. The terrace was inviting but the sun was hot so I peeked inside. The long narrow interior opened onto another terrace out back. That terrace was even more inviting. We sat, the waiter rolled out an awning to provide some shade, and the day got even better. (Click the images to see how much better things got.)

THE FRONT TERRACE ON CALLE MÁLAGA.
THE BACK TERRACE.
FRIED CAMEMBERT TOPPED WITH RASPBERRY JAM.
COMPLEMENTS OF THE HOUSE.
HOMEMADE CHICKEN PATE.
MY REVUELTO (SPANISH SCRAMBLE) WITH SHRIMP AND MUSHROOMS.
JUDY'S REVUELTO WITH ASPARAGUS AND IBERIAN HAM.
LOOKING BACK DOWN CALLE MÁLAGA AFTER LUNCH.

14 comments:

  1. mitchel the street is lovely and meal delicious. Great place for holidays

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gosia:
      I agree. And to think it's only 10 minutes away from here.

      Delete
  2. Now THAT looks to be a perfect place to dine, Mitch!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jim:
      The restaurant was also just written up in the local paper (the waiter proudly showed me). Really good.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Michael:
      We walked further up after lunch and got into purely residential streets that were even more charming.

      Delete
  4. Looks fantastic. Will you go back?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wilma:
      Absolutely. And won't let it take three years this time!

      Delete
  5. Okay it is only 0800 but already I'm thinking tapas for lunch.... looks so good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Willym:
      Too late now for lunch. Dinner tonight? Or, just let me know when you get there tomorrow and we'll meet you. You've got nothing else going on right now, right?!?

      Delete
  6. Ohhhh, that looks wonderful in every way!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Judy:
      Jerry and I will be heading back there soon!

      Delete
  7. Again such marvelous foodstuffs. I am mad-jealous.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Spo:
      I never really gave food much thought. I always looked undernourished and was forced to eat more than I wanted simply to maintain my weight. (And, yes, being too skinny can at times be as emotionally challenging as being too fat, as you well understand.) It's only over my years with Jerry that my attitude toward food has changed. And I'm so glad to be able to indulge myself here.

      Delete

Please visit www.movingwithmitchell.com if you would like to comment or stay up to date. I stopped posting here and reproduced all previous posts, as well, 25 September 2018. Thanks!!!