Friday, May 13, 2016

The Rain In Spain

I don't mean to complain, but I feel misled by the statement, ¨The rain in Spain stays mainly on the plain.¨

I think it only remains on the plains of La Mancha after it floods down from this hilltop city of Toledo. We've been rained on every day this week. Fortunately, there was quite a bit of sun for a few hours today. But it's been raining --- again --- for the past four hours (oh, wait, there´s sun; nope, it's gone). Still, Toledo is beautiful, fascinating and ´flooded´with history.

Tomorrow, we head home to Fuengirola --- where it has apparently been gray and rainy all week. But the sun is supposed to be shining for our departure from Toledo and our return to Fuengirola. And then I´ll share enough photos for you, too, to fall in love with Toledo. Even in the rain.


18 comments:

  1. Looking forward to getting to know Toledo, Mitchell.
    Now just look at that reflection!....wouldn't be there if not for the rain, just sayin.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jim:
      Thank you for pointing that out. You should have been with us all week. I needed your positive attitude!

      Delete
  2. Oh, I really can NOT wait! I haven't traveled to anywhere in Spain but Barcelona (and some small town nearby), but I learned about Toledo from a travel video (Rick Steves, probably, or Rudy Maxa) that I used to show to my Spanish-1 kids (I haven't taught Spanish in a few years-- just French these days), and I thought that I would really love to visit it some day. Can't wait to see your photos, rainy or not!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Judy:
      And we still haven't been to Barcelona! Hope you're enjoying the photos over the last couple of days. Many more to come.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Willym:
      Although the weather did get to me at times, it was an amazing week. What incredible beauty and history.

      Delete
  4. Loved Toledo when I was there in 1978. I remember we drove through an alley/street like the one in your photo, so narrow that even the tiny car we had could barely get through.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Michael:
      We watched a tour bus squeeze through one of the old city gates, and a tiny car scrape its way around a corner. Just like Sevilla. I don't think one car can be found without a scratch.

      Delete
  5. reminds me of the canals in venice...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Too bad the rain affected your trip. Send a little of that rain our way - we could use about 5 inches. But I should be careful what I wish for ...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wilma:
      It was an amazing experience but some days I just got overwhelmed by the rain. We're not used to it. But, like you, we sure can use it.

      Delete
  7. lovely rain! Send some here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Spo:
      It rained all week here in Fuengirola, too. And we also need it.

      Delete
  8. That street is beautiful! (despite.. or maybe because of... the rain). We've not been to Toledo... will be watching for your photos....

    ReplyDelete

Please visit www.movingwithmitchell.com if you would like to comment or stay up to date. I stopped posting here and reproduced all previous posts, as well, 25 September 2018. Thanks!!!