Thursday, December 19, 2013

A Movement of Biblical Proportions

I took a long, vigorous walk today. It felt great... until it was done. I'm pleased I was able to at least push myself out the door.

I've finished the box of dark chocolate truffles (click here for yesterday's post). I've got 9 of the 16 Ferrero Rocher truffles remaining, and both chocolate bars. I think I've shown amazing self-restraint. However, I consumed almost the entire box of dark chocolate truffles within about five minutes after lunch today. In hindsight, maybe not such a good idea. (I'm feeling just a bit queasy right now, but it's gratifying to know my stomach has learned to speak to me in Spanish.)

On my way home, after viewing a special exhibit on Isabel and Ferdinand at the Museum of Fuengirola History, I stopped to admire a display in a shop selling an amazing collection of Christmas Nativity scenes. I always especially love the mechanical figures.

EXCEPTIONAL DETAIL. (CLICK FOR A CLOSER LOOK.)

AND LOTS OF MOVING PARTS...


As I mentioned, I really love the things that move. But, today, I saw a movement in the window that left me speechless.

Watch the second video to see what could be left under your tree.

20 comments:

  1. Brilliant! (I had to play the second one twice to make sure of what I thought it was).

    When I lived in Cologne, every Xmas one of the big department stores always had a huge moving scene of what must have been at least three dozen teddy bears engaged in various activities - though not, as far as I recall, including what's on this second film. It wasn't specifically a Christmas scene though was decorated with all the seasonal paraphernalia of fairy lights, tinsel, coloured balls etc.

    Now I'll let you get back to your F.R chockies - though it sounds like you don't have enough left to form a pyramid.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Raybeard:
      You were right. There weren't enough for a pyramid... So I ate them all this morning.

      In those bear scenes, were any shitting in the woods? I just posted a still shot of the outhouse.

      Delete
  2. Oh, my! Is that what I think it is? Nothing like bathroom humor to spice up the Christmas decorations.

    Glad your walk felt great - too bad the greatness didn't last very long. ((Hugs))

    P.S. I love your Spanish-speaking stomach!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jo:
      Check out today's still photo. A bit more clear/graphic.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Cheapchick:
      I guess, even in Bethlehem, they had to go.

      Delete
  4. I guess even shepherds gotta go.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had to stop the video to "get" it.... kind of odd to be a part of a nativity scene, huh? My kids would have loved that under our tree. The first photo is my favorite... even down to cabbages in the garden. Now, THAT'S my kind of display!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sharon:
      It's not called a "nativity scene" here. It's called "Belen," which means "Bethlehem." They reproduce the entire ancient city. But I had no idea they included outhouses.

      Delete
  6. How, erm, moving?

    Yes, I had to do it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jacquelineand....
      I'm glad you did. There were so many puns floating (ugh) in my head.

      Delete
  7. Good Gads! Hysterical!!!

    I have not done too well on the pig out front. John baked a huge chocolate pecan pie as a trial run for Christmas. Yes, it's GONE and I'm feeling a little sick now :-(
    Di
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YONKS:
      I did a double-take.

      Did I mention that chocolate pecan pie is by far my total favorite?

      Delete
  8. Nothing better!! than a 'good movement'!!
    Can you just see that display anywhere in North America!? LOL! There would be people picketing the shop!!
    Too funny Mitch! Easy on the chocolate.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jim:
      Yep, I immediately tried to imagine some traditional North American shop including that in their Christmas display. It'll never happen.

      Just the two chocolate bars to go.

      Delete
  9. GIVE ME a great BIG - M ~~~~~~~~~!

    Now that feels better!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ron:
      At least the only sound was the door swinging open and closed.

      Delete
  10. I love those displays in Italy and in Spain.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Laurent:
      They are truly amazing. Loved seeing them all in Sevilla. I hope to find some impressive ones in Málaga in the coming days. (But I don't expect to see any outhouses.)

      Delete

Please visit www.movingwithmitchell.com if you would like to comment or stay up to date. I stopped posting here and reproduced all previous posts, as well, 25 September 2018. Thanks!!!