Thursday, April 30, 2015

Chocolate City

I've gone through all the chocolate San Geraldo brought home for me last Wednesday — a variety bag of bombones (bonbons), a large bar of milk chocolate with almonds, another bar of milk chocolate filled with orange creme (click here to eat your heart out).

Fortunately, I still had an unopened box of assorted chocolates Jessica had brought over late last week. But, when I inhaled the last of those today I thought, "Now what?"

And, like magic, there was someone at the lobby door.

I TEXTED A PHOTO TO JESSICA AND ASKED WHY SHE SENT
AN EMPTY BOX, BUT SHE'S NOT GULLIBLE LIKE SAN GERALDO.
HER RESPONSE: "NOW I UNDERSTAND WHY IT WAS SO CHEAP..."

"Correo," the voice called over the intercom. "Una caja para Don Mitchell Scott." (Mail. A box for me — the Spanish version of my name has many variations...)

Jerry's sister Linda thought ahead. Oh, how I love her.

GOOD TO KNOW MY PRIORITIES ARE UNDERSTOOD.
LINDA THREW IN PIECES OF HERSHEY'S DARK CHOCOLATE BLISS
FOR SAN GERALDO. I LET HIM HAVE TWO... SO FAR.


Sweet Surrender...

14 comments:

  1. Just no wonder, Mitchell, that you are healing so quickly!! You've had a little help from your 'friends'!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jim:
      Ain't love grand? (And chocolate?)

      Delete
  2. Priority, tracked, and insured. Linda had her bases covered - chocolate covered!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow wide choice of chocolate. So be careful about your weight,,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gosia:
      Fortunately, my weight is never a problem for me!

      Delete
  4. Michael, better guard those chocolates with your life!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Linda:
      San Geraldo is back to being saintly... sort of.

      Delete
  5. Oh that all looks so yummy!! Chcolate-orange is hands down my favourite flavour combo!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Knatolee:
      Chocolate/orange has always been my favorite. But then, so has chocolate/hazelnut, chocolate/almond, chocolate/peanut butter, chocolate/... Well, you get the idea

      Delete
  6. When it comes to a chocolate addiction, I might have met my match.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Replies
    1. Spo:
      Because I'm beautiful? Oh wait, that was "Don't hate me because I'm beautiful." There's still some chocolate left... but not much!

      Delete

It's always great to hear from you...