Sunday, May 7, 2017

300 Spartans' Picnic / El Picnic De Los 300 Espartanos

Le version español está después de la primera foto.


Our friend The Goddess Elena was telling us about a film she had just heard of. The film, "300," was described to her by work colleagues. As a visual aid, they all struck a pose (pretty much the 'front double biceps" of bodybuilding).

When Elena got home, she asked Tynan if he had heard of the film and he struck the same pose.

San Geraldo didn't know what they were talking about (we had never seen the film), but I described all the computer-enhanced muscles and he then remembered.

In acknowledgement, he said, "Oh, I remember. They looked like a corn-fed picnic!"

Don't ask me, I'm just married to him!

THE SPARTAN FRONT DOUBLE BICEPS.
EL BÍCEPS DOBLE DELANTERO DE EL ESPARTANO.

Nuestra amiga La Diosa Elena nos habló de una película que era nueva para ella. La película es "300" y sus colegas hicieron una pose (casi un "bíceps doble delantero" del culturismo).

Cuando Elena llegó a casa, le preguntó a Tynan si conocía de la película y él hizo la misma postura.

San Geraldo no sabía de qué estaban hablando (nunca habíamos visto la película), pero describí todos los músculos mejorados por ordenador y luego recordó.

En reconocimiento, dijo: "¡Oh, recuerdo, parecían un picnic alimentado con maíz!"

No me preguntes, ¡solo estoy casado con él!

ANNOYING, INVADING SPARTANS YESTERDAY (PART OF AN ENGLISH RUGBY CLUB). A CORN-FED PICNIC?
ESPARTANOS INVASORES (Y MOLESTOS) AYER (PARTE DE UN CLUB DE RUGBY INGLÉS). ¿UN PICNIC ALIMENTADO CON MAÍZ?

25 comments:

  1. I think the rugby club should stand and show us what they got (wink wink nudge nudge)! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. anne marie:
      The rugby club seems to like to stand and show everyone what they've got every chance they get. Yesterday, they lined up the cafe chairs all the way across the entrance of our building to take in the sun -- blocking the way to anyone who lives here. They're back at the cafe right now all sitting on the terrace shirtless. Kind of obnoxious, but some few are OK to look at.

      Delete
  2. I tried to get Carlos to translate "corn fed picnic" but even he is stumped!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bob:
      Yeah, I tried to get Elena to translate it today. But she agreed I did the best I could with something that didn't even make any sense in English.

      Delete
  3. Never saw this film but can easily envision it! Thanks for the 'props' to help me!
    SG was born in 'corn' country, wasn't he?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jim:
      Yep, Jerry's from 'corn' country! Corn-fed makes sense. It was the picnic that threw things off!

      Delete
  4. I see you have attracted one fellow's attention.
    300 ~ can you just imagine what history truly would like if digi-enhancements were real.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ron:
      I don't think he was looking at me. There was a topless woman in his line of sight... and much closer. I think he found her more interesting.

      Delete
  5. The picnic part threw me, the corn fed part fits, cattle are fed extra corn to "beef them up." I also noticed that the camera man had caught the eye of one of the Rugby players.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Travel:
      Yes, I could make sense of corn-fed. Even Jerry looked confused. He said, "I have no idea what that means." Regarding that rugby player: I think he was looking at a topless beauty (female) much closer in his line of vision.

      Delete
  6. They look more like a french fry fed picnic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheapchick:
      Mostly, yes. Today, they positioned themselves on the beach in front of some sunbathing young beauties and did (or tried to do) handstands, one-armed push-ups, and other feats of strength. Then, they were back at the cafe downstairs, shirtless. I wonder how long we'll be blessed with their presence!

      Delete
  7. And by the looks of the fourth one in from the right, did he bust you taking a picture? Figrues most of them are belly down. Drats.

    ReplyDelete
  8. We used to use the phrase "corn fed" to describe any person of large proportion, so the "corn fed picnic" makes perfect sense to me in this context. Should I be worried that can understand SGese?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wilma:
      I might be concerned. However, I did get the corn-fed part, so it's not completely devoid of reason. It's the picnic part that made it a Jerryism. So, I think you're OK... for now.

      Delete
  9. Never did get around to seeing "300" but I have seen a few art films about English rugby player. Well they said they were rugby players and they wore rugby shorts for a bit of the film.

    And frankly I think "corn-fed picnic" works better in Spanish.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Willym:
      I've never seen any rugby "art films." As for corn-fed picnic, it makes even less sense in Spanish. I have no idea how it really comes across.

      Delete
  10. 300 was great nonsense.
    The fellows on the beach at least look 'real'.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Spo:
      I'm hoping the guys on the beach have gone home today. Testosterone levels have been way too high in the local air.

      Delete
  11. Replies
    1. Walt the Fourth:
      Is that my sense of humor you're referring to?

      Delete
  12. Hi Mitchell, there seemed to be an awful lot of pale skin on the beach. I am sure a few of them were a little tender the next day.
    Take care.
    Robin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Robin:
      They were downstairs at the cafe again this morning. There was an awful lot of pink and red.

      Delete
  13. I remember seeing this computer enhanced film and questioning why men would go into battle practically naked.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Stephen:
      I always wonder the same thing about films like this. Maybe they figure their muscles are so tough it's like having armor plating.

      Delete

Please visit www.movingwithmitchell.com if you would like to comment or stay up to date. I stopped posting here and reproduced all previous posts, as well, 25 September 2018. Thanks!!!