Friday, March 23, 2018

A Kangaroo Pocket / Un Bolsillo De Canguro

La versión español está después de la versión inglés.

YESTERDAY, I TALKED about Moose, the cat, who got lost in the hallway. I said, he was "sweet," which was my way of saying he might not be 'the brightest bulb on the Christmas tree.'

Well, I then put on a hooded sweatshirt. It's got one of those "kangaroo pockets." I stuck my hands inside and was surprised to find something there. I tried to pull it out with my right hand only to realize that what I had hit was my left hand. Seriously.

AYER, HABLÉ SOBRE Moose, el gato, que se perdió en el pasillo. Le dije que era "dulce", que era mi manera de decir que él podría no ser "el bulbo más brillante en el árbol de Navidad". (Es una fresa hecha Americana.)

Bueno, luego me puse una sudadera. Tiene uno de esos "bolsillos de canguro". Metí las manos dentro y me sorprendió encontrar algo allí. Traté de sacarlo con la mano derecha solo para darme cuenta de que lo que había golpeado era la mano izquierda. En serio.



16 comments:

  1. I don't know about the cats, but I'm certainly snickering! Do you ever lose your glasses on your head? How about your keys in your hand? I've been there with the keys.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Deedles:
      I've never lost my glasses on my head. Keys in hand, yes. Jerry loses his glasses on his nose regularly.

      Delete
  2. Good thing you didn't try to kill it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. At least you didn't try to pull it all the way out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kirk:
      I did, when I demonstrated for Jerry. Oddly, it didn't work.

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. anne marie:
      I don't think they'd sell many macho sweatshirts if they called the pockets muffs.

      Delete
  5. Moose is laughing hysterically somewhere!
    As.
    Am.
    I.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bob:
      Dudo keeps imitating me. We tried to explain to Moose, but finally gave up.

      Delete
  6. You are so special, and sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Why is it called a "kangaroo pocket?"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Walt the Fourth:
      I don't know. Maybe dromedaries have a two-pocket system to compensate for their single hump.

      Delete

Please visit www.movingwithmitchell.com if you would like to comment or stay up to date. I stopped posting here and reproduced all previous posts, as well, 25 September 2018. Thanks!!!