Tuesday, May 22, 2018

Climbing The Walls / Subiendo Por Las Paredes

Hay una versión español después de la versión inglés.

MY EYE SEEMS to be healing beautifully since the surgery. I'll know more Wednesday when I see the doctor again. I'm bored. I'm still not allowed to do much of anything. I tried a short, slow walk on level ground this afternoon, but I could see the remainder of the gas that was injected into my eye jiggling every time I took a step. It's creepy and, besides, my eye started to ache. I'm behaving myself. I get reprimanded by San Geraldo if I don't. And, oh, the horror of not being able to clean up after San Geraldo.

Dudo gave himself a spa day, while Moose and I climbed the walls.

MI OJO PARECE que estar sanando maravillosamente desde la cirugía. Sabré más el miércoles cuando vuelva a ver al médico. Estoy aburrido. Todavía no tengo permitido hacer una cosa.  Caminé, brevemente y lentamente y en terreno llano, esta tarde pero podía ver que el resto del gas que se inyectaba en el ojo se sacudía cada vez que daba un paso. Es espeluznante y, además, mi ojo comenzó a doler. Me estoy comportando. San Geraldo me reprendió si no lo hago. Y, oh, el horror de no poder limpiar después de San Geraldo.

Dudo se dio un día de spa, mientras que Moose y yo estamos que nos subiendo por  las paredes.








20 comments:

  1. I don't even know what this post is about because "I see cat people!" I so miss my cat. These two are so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Deedles:
      I'm so glad to have the time to spend with these two. I adore them and wish I had done things differently with the cats we had in the States --- but times were different and we were both working.

      Delete
  2. Gas in your eye!!?? I assume that evaporates?
    I can understand/empathize with your plight of not being able to do too much.
    Getting a 'full steam ahead' from the doctor will be joy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jim:
      The surgery involved removing the "vitreous humor" (and it's not funny) from the eye, among other steps. After that, gas was injected to fill the space and hold the retina in place until it heels. The gas dissipates, gets absorbed and replaced naturally by new fluid. It's bizarre. I wish I could take a picture of what I see when I look through that eye.

      Delete
  3. Seriously, my next life has to be as a cat!

    Glad you're on the mend, but that whole jiggling in my eye business has got me verklempt!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bob:
      The gas-filled eye is weird.. .especially the half gas-filled eye! Yes, these cats do have it made. Eye is doing great. Back to doctor in 15 days ... and I'm still not allowed to do any work. I'm becoming Dudo and Moose.

      Delete
  4. Well, at least Moose looks proud of himself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. mistress maddie:
      Moose greets us at the door like that. He gets up from a sound sleep, drags himself into the entry hall, and crashed against the wall. What a lover.

      Delete
  5. Dudo knows what The Good Life is all about!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Debra:
      Dudo is so classy. He makes a daily trip to the spa and then often rubs his butt on my bedding!

      Delete
  6. Darn it! I hope things continue on the good path, though, and that the healing continues nicely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Judy:
      All went well at the doctor today. Everything is perfect. But she made a point of saying "perfect for now." I go back in 15 days and have to continue this lounging, do-nothing, bon bon regimen until at least then.

      Delete
  7. Happy that you feel better but be careful ! The jiggling eye/gas is so uggie. I didn't have your operation but after they sewed my eye all up I had the best looking amoebas floating around and bumping into each other. Fabulous !
    The Cats are so funny, life goes on for them no matter what.
    Lucky Kitties.

    cheers, parsnip

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Parsnip:
      I'm being extremely careful, which is not easy for me. I've been thinking of drawing what I've been seeing in my left eye. The round pool of gas is amazing and then there are all those amoebas. I swear to god I saw several sperm swimming around yesterday wiggling their long tails.

      Delete
  8. In last pic, is he actually laughing at you? Oh, the cheeky, little so-and-so!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ray:
      I'm sure they laugh it us all the time ("And then I got him to open the window for the third time in 2 minutes!") But Moose is a talker!

      Delete
  9. I take it you are not very good at being idle? Neither am I, my sweet Bear on the other hand can hibernate with the best of them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Travel:
      Sometimes I border on hyperactive, I think. So, this could drive me crazy. And now I've been told I have at least another 15 days of this! However, at this stage all is going perfectly!

      Delete

Please visit www.movingwithmitchell.com if you would like to comment or stay up to date. I stopped posting here and reproduced all previous posts, as well, 25 September 2018. Thanks!!!