Friday, May 18, 2018

Serenity Now! / La Serenidad, ¡Ahora!

Hay una versión español después de la versión inglés.

THURSDAY MORNING, I woke to the sound of the pounding surf. It was magnificent. I went out on the terrace to listen and also admire the sunrise. The view, although much better than the vision from my left eye, had the same effect — blurry, dark, aglow, confused. And as I stood there I noticed that I could barely hear the surf above the din of heavy equipment. The street cleaners were out in force. A moto roared by. And another. There was noise from the beach, and when I looked I had a problem focusing. I was relieved to realize it wasn't me, but the dust cloud (sand cloud) being created by another machine as it cleaned. This morning was a bit more serene.

EL JUEVES POR la mañana, me desperté con el sonido de las olas. Fue magnífico. Salí a la terraza para escuchar y también admirar el amanecer. La vista, aunque mucho mejor que la visión de mi ojo izquierdo, tuvo el mismo efecto: borrosa, oscura, resplandeciente, confusa. Y mientras estaba allí noté que apenas podía oír el oleaje por encima del ruido de los equipos pesados. Los limpiadores de la calle estaban afuera en vigor. Una moto rugió. Y otro. Hubo ruido en la playa, y cuando miré, tuve un problema para enfocarme. Me sentí aliviada al darme cuenta de que no era yo, sino la nube de polvo creada por otra máquina mientras limpiaba. Esta mañana fue un poco más sereno.

THURSDAY MORNING / EL JUEVES POR LA MAÑANA.



FRIDAY MORNING (CLICK THE PHOTO TO MAKE IT AWESOME).
EL VIERNES POR LA MAÑANA (HAZ CLIC EN LA FOTO PARA QUE SEA INCREÍBLE).

22 comments:

  1. AWESOME alright! Enjoy your day!
    Does that BIG machine sift the beach for litter?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jim:
      Yes, that sifts and cleans the sand. It's a regular occurrence. It keeps our beach very clean. I don't know what to say about the air quality, however!

      Delete
  2. That final photo is magnificent!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Debra:
      Aw, thanks. Displaying it small didn't do it justice. What a beautiful morning.

      Delete
  3. I need that big piece of equipment to clean our litter boxes! It'd be perfect!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bob:
      Great idea! And we only have the one litter box.

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Deedles;
      I haven't stopped appreciating this wonderful view.

      Delete
  5. Now thats what I'm talking about!!!!! I love hearing the ocean. Of late, alas, all I hear is more rain. And more now till next Thursday. Is this what England is like????

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. mistress maddie:
      We've had lots of nice days lately. And I've been stuck lounging mostly inside without even a bon bon in sight. And, yes, your weather sounds a lot like much of England... and Seattle.

      Delete
  6. It's harder to focus some mornings than others.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I envy your view, even if workmen occasionally interrupt it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kirk:
      It really is wonderful. And at least the workmen are doing good things.

      Delete
  8. must be nice...to be retired...to be living in a grand place...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. anne marie:
      We really did luck out with this location. And I wish I had retired a LONG LONG time ago.

      Delete
  9. You certainly live in a wonderful place - that view from your balcony is fabulous. Nothing better than sunrise or sunsets!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheapchick:
      I agree. We lucked out with this location. I wonder where we'll be in a few more years!

      Delete
  10. pretty picture at the bottom

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Adam:
      Thanks. Posting it regular size didn't do it justice. What a view that was.

      Delete

Please visit www.movingwithmitchell.com if you would like to comment or stay up to date. I stopped posting here and reproduced all previous posts, as well, 25 September 2018. Thanks!!!