Friday, May 11, 2018

Profiterol Therapy / Terapia de Profiterol

Hay una versión español después de la versión ingles.

WE WENT FOR an early dinner (8:45) Wednesday at Mesón Salvador. As usual, the meal was amazing. I got sympathetic — gentle — hugs for my upcoming eye surgery (I really milked it). Chef David was in the kitchen and I asked him, as I always do, if there were any profiteroles. He makes the most delicious profiteroles. But they're rarely available because they require more time and attention than he usually has given the amazing dishes he serves up every night. As usual, he laughed at my request and, as usual, he said, "Soon."

Adrián recommended a rabo de toro (bull's tail) special that David had created saying it was exquisite. It was. San Geraldo was in heaven. As we finished our meal, Adrián asked if we could hang around 20 more minutes; David had a surprise for me. Of course, we waited... for fresh profiteroles just for me. Do I feel loved!

Eye surgery? What eye surgery?

Well, OK, speaking of surgery: I saw the doctor today. All is well. The crappy pirate's patch is gone. I've got four prescriptions and a plastic cup to wear at night (on my EYE). And San Geraldo continues to wait on me hand and foot.

FUIMOS A CENAR temprano (20:45) el miércoles a Mesón Salvador. Como de costumbre, la comida fue increíble. Obtuve simpatías — amabilidades — abrazos para mi próxima cirugía ocular. El chef David estaba en la cocina y le pregunté, como siempre hago, si había algún profiteroles. Él hace los profiteroles más deliciosos. Pero rara vez están disponibles porque requieren más tiempo y atención de la que usualmente les ha dado los increíbles platos que sirve todas las noches. Como de costumbre, se rió de mi pedido y, como de costumbre, dijo: "Pronto".

Adrián recomendó un rabo de toro especial que David había creado diciendo que era exquisito. Era. San Geraldo estaba en el cielo. Cuando terminamos nuestra comida, Adrián preguntó si podíamos esperar 20 minutos más; David tuvo una sorpresa para mí. Por supuesto, esperamos ... por profiteroles frescos solo para mí. ¿Me siento amado?

¿Cirujía de ojo? ¿Qué cirugía ocular?

Bueno, está bien, hablando de cirugía: Hoy vi al doctor. Todo está bien. El parche del pirata (de mierda) ha desaparecido. Tengo una taza de plástico para usar cuando yo duermo. Y San Geraldo continúa cuidándome amorosamente.

TIMBALE OF BULL'S TAIL, BOLETUS CREAM, AND POACHED EGG.
TIMBAL DE RABO DE TORO, CREMOSO DE BOLETUS, Y HUEVO ESCALFADO.
SAN GERALOD ATE 1-1/2. I MANAGED TO CLEAN UP THE REST.
SAN GERALDO COMIÓ 1-1/2. COMÍ EL RESTO.
CHEF DAVID "EL AMABLE."
CHEF DAVID "EL AMABLE."
I FORGOT TO TELL YOU: I GOT TO WEAR SHOES LIKE ALLADIN!
OLVIDÉ DECIRTE: ¡USABA ZAPATOS COMO LOS DE ALLADIN! 

24 comments:

  1. "SAN GERALDO ATE 1-1/2. I MANAGED TO CLEAN UP THE REST." - and I just BET you struggled to do that! they look amazeballs!

    keep that eye covered so that it heals properly. soon you will be as good as new!


    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. anne marie:
      When I saw all those profiteroles, I thought NO WAY. But, you know, they're very light. I'm behaving myself -- mostly. It's not easy to remember to not do ANYTHING. But Jerry likes to remind me. I keep blaming the cats.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Adam:
      I didn't realize the peaked toe had drooped.

      Delete
  3. Happy to know your eye is better, cute shoes !

    cheers, parsnip

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Parsnip:
      It's clearly improving. Today looks so much better. But I still can't do anything and I still can't see. Tra la, it's May!

      Delete
  4. You have some wonderful friends. Not surprising given what lovely people you and SG are. I'm sure those profiteroles contributed to the success of your surgery.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wilma:
      We are so lucky to have these warm, kind people in our lives. It's all about the profiteroles.

      Delete
  5. Chef David's a sweetie! And his profiteroles have healed you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Debra:
      Chef David is so talented and has none of that chef attitude. Always kind, gentle, smiling.

      Delete
  6. Now might be a great time to watch - or listen to - The Pirate Movie. You can find it on youtube! It is very cheesy but I love it. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Snoskred:
      Oh, dear god, no. I watched part of that once and wanted to poke my eyes out. That wouldn't help right now. Maybe the Pirates of Penzance instead!

      Delete
  7. Ohhhhh, I'm so glad you got your Profiteroles! Wooo hoo!
    Snazzy booties.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Judy:
      I wish I had gotten a photo of the entire outfit. No tie-in-the-back smock, but pants and a top with two button/snaps (Wallace Beery style). Very cool. Although one size fits all (so three of me could have fit in those pants).

      Delete
  8. Yum, profiteroles! And they're surprisingly easy to make at home!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Walt the Fourth:
      "And they're surprisingly easy to make at home!" Remember who you're talking to!

      Delete
  9. So glad to see life is returning to normal. Nice booties.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Travel:
      All I needed was the magic lamp. I wish things were returning to normal but at least I'm home. Not up for going out much yet. Herbal tea this morning and home to bed. But today is so much better than yesterday.

      Delete
  10. I've never noticed before, but without your glasses you are beautiful Ms Jones! Sorry, should've resisted that. You do have beautiful eyes...er...eye, though. I hope you feel better, but milk it for all it's worth!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Deedles:
      No milking needed. Jerry hops to at my slightest movement. I didn't wear glasses until my late 30s. Jerry first said I had puppy dog eyes. The left one now looks like a basset hound.

      Delete
  11. Take care of yourself. All that wonderful food must help with healing, right? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jennifer:
      And, since Jerry is too busy to bake right now, he bought cake!

      Delete
  12. Profiterols are magic!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jim:
      I agree. David doesn't put cream in his, which is unusual but they're filled with the most exquisite chocolate.

      Delete

Please visit www.movingwithmitchell.com if you would like to comment or stay up to date. I stopped posting here and reproduced all previous posts, as well, 25 September 2018. Thanks!!!