Monday, May 28, 2018

Money Laundering And Just Desserts / Lavado De Dinero Y Postres De Justicia

HIGH SEASON IS fast approaching here in Fuengirola and the City is wasting no time, repairing, planting, and cleaning. Palm trees are being trimmed, gardens are being tended, and today our giant monument to the Peseta, Spain's pre-Euro currency was given a good scrubbing (which made me think of that post from two days ago about "San" Rafael who owes the government over 100 million euros). As for me, since I can only give myself a gentle scrubbing until my eye is no longer at risk of damage, I'll just have my dessert(s).

LA TEMPORADA ALTA se acerca rápidamente aquí en Fuengirola y la Ciudad está reparando, plantando, y limpiando. Las palmeras están siendo podadas, los jardines están siendo cuidados, y hoy nuestro gran monumento a la Peseta, la moneda española ántes del Euro, recibió un buen fregado (lo cual me hizo pensar en la entrada de hace dos días sobre "San" Rafael que le debe al gobierno más de 100 millones de euros). En cuanto a mí, dado que solo puedo cepillarme suavemente hasta que mi ojo ya no esté en riesgo de daño, tengo mis "postres". 

Nota:
La expresión "to receive one's just desserts" (literalmente "recibir sus postres de justicia") significa recibir lo que se merece, especialmente el castigo apropiado. No sé la expresión equivalente en español.



APPLE PIE AT MESÓN SALVADOR.
TARTA DE MANZANA EN MESÓN SALVADOR.
GRANDMA'S CAKE AT MESÓN SALVADOR.
TARTA DE LA ABUELA EN MESÓN SALVADOR.
CHEESECAKE AT RESTAURANTE DESPENSA DEL ACEITE.
TARTA DE QUESO EN EL RESTAURANTE LA DESPENSA DEL ACEITE.
CHOCOLATE, STRAWBERRY, GINGER, AND VANILLA AT LITTLE ITALY 2.0, AND...
CHOCOLATE, FRESA, JINGEBRE, Y VAINILLA EN LITTLE ITALY 2.0, Y...
...ANISE ICE CREAM AT LITTLE ITALY 2.0 (AND THEY WERE ALL MINE).
... HELADO DE ANÍS EN LITTLE ITALY 2.0 (Y TODOS FUERON MÍOS).
AND, LASTLY, BAKED APPLE BY SAN GERALDO!
¡Y, FINALMENTE, MANZANA HORNEADA DE SAN GERALDO!

28 comments:

  1. it all looks so delicious! I don't know where to start!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Where to start is tough but ending with anise ice cream is a great idea.

      Delete
  2. Apple pie for me, followed by the dish of chocolate, please!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Elaine:
      It's different from Jerry's amazing apple pie, but it's still delicious.

      Delete
  3. I'll have one of each of those desserts please!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Debra:
      That's what I did! It makes perfect sense.

      Delete
  4. You are cruel, Mitchell, to show those photos of such fabulous desserts. The ice cream especially calls to me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wilma:
      The ice creams at Little Italy 2.0 are all homemade and unlike anything I've had. Pure, natural, delicious.

      Delete
  5. I've put on 3 lbs looking at the photos

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. John:
      You notice I started with fruit (well, sort of) and ended with fruit (also, sort of). That burns fat.

      Delete
  6. Ok now I need to go make cheesecake. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Snoskred:
      Oh my god. Homemade cheesecake. Am I too late?!?

      Delete
  7. When we kids asked our father what was for dessert, he would say, "You can desert the table."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Walt the Fourth:
      Sounds like something MY father would have said, too!

      Delete
  8. Local strawberries are in right now, I made a strawberry pie in a gram cracker crust on Sunday. Sorry no pictures, I had the last of it for breakfast this morning.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Travel:
      Ooh, that sounds so good for breakfast. I like strawberries baked into things but am not a big fan of fresh ones.

      Delete
  9. Never heard of ginger ice-cream, nor thought of it until now - and now I want some!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ray:
      I've had ginger ice cream before but never like this. It's got the bite of fresh ginger. Truly amazing. And that was my first anise ice cream. Better than I could have imagined. It's a good thing Little Italy 2.0 isn't right downstairs. I'd be there every day for ice cream.

      Delete
  10. Is Little Italy 2.0 the newer restaurant that opened in your building, or right nearby?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Judy:
      Little Italy is the one where we had the fired gnocchi and the pasta prepared in the giant ring of parmesan. I went to the place downstairs for coffee with a friend the day after our wonderful first meal there. The owners were smoking in the enclosed terrace (against the law) and I've seen the chef owner light up INSIDE the restaurant! It's bad enough when restaurants allow customers to smoke when the terrace windows are shut, but in my opinion owners and staff should never be smoking. So, they're off the list. Too bad. Great food. But there are plenty of good choice around town.

      Delete
  11. Time to up my insulin again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Deedles;
      I just take one little pill every morning. So far, that does the trick!

      Delete
  12. Crazy to think the EU countries had once had to re-convert currency all the time

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Adam:
      When I traveled in the '70s, I remember it being an inconvenience. It sure is easy now... if we'd ever go anywhere!

      Delete
  13. there is nothing like a good tidy up to brighten up the day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Spo:
      The city goes all out to prepare for summer. Fresh paint, fresh flowers. It inspired me to have the glass curtain washed!

      Delete

Please visit www.movingwithmitchell.com if you would like to comment or stay up to date. I stopped posting here and reproduced all previous posts, as well, 25 September 2018. Thanks!!!