Sunday, June 3, 2018

Diva Cups / Copas De Divas

I WON'T GO into all the details  but someone we know (not us) has a cousin visiting. The cousin traveled with only a backpack. She recently had a birthday, which we celebrated last night. She was given a collection of funny little gifts that could "fit in the backpack" (the theme). One such gift was a box of DivaCups. San Geraldo and I were at a loss and were given an explanation. Something about periods and "hoo-hoos." According to the website, DivaCup is a sustainable, easy-to-use, cost-effective, and eco-friendly menstrual cup. There's even an online in-depth guide. Yes, they said "in-depth."

I suggested that, if she should run out of room in the backpack, the Diva Cups didn't even have to be packed. If you know what I mean.

NO ENTRARÉ EN detalles, pero alguien que conocemos (no nosotros) tiene una prima de visita. La prima viajó con solo una mochila. Recientemente ella celebró un cumpleaños, que celebramos anoche. Le dieron una colección de pequeños regalos divertidos que podrian "encajar en la mochila" (el tema). Uno de esos regalos era una caja de "DivaCups" (Copas de Divas). San Geraldo y yo estábamos perdidos y recibimos una explicación. Algo sobre períodos y "hoo-hoos" (como "cuevitas" en español?). Según el sitio web, DivaCup es una copa menstrual sostenible, fácil de usar, rentable, y ecológica. Hay una guía en línea en profundidad. Sí, dijeron "en profundidad".

Sugerí que, si se quedaba sin espacio en la mochila, las Diva Cups ni siquiera tenían que ser empacadas. Si sabes a lo que me refiero.



31 comments:

  1. Ha! I couldn’t imagine what THIS post would be about!
    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I knew what you were going to discuss just by the title. never used one meself; although I like SG's idea of nose plugs...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. anne marie:
      Jerry first thought they were called D cups. The description was way too much information.

      Delete
  3. They look so tiny in SG's hands.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wilma:
      I didn't even think about that. His pinky ring is too big for my thumb!

      Delete
  4. Well, THAT broadened your horizons, didn't it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Debra:
      And I'm now trying desperately to UN-broaden them.

      Delete
  5. Where were these when I needed them? Back in the days before the blessed onset of menopause, my sister recommended something called Instead. They were cups the shaped like a diaphragm and very awkward to use. Ya had to fold it in half, shove it up thar, and hope for the best. Ya had to break the suction grip with a finger to haul it outta thar. ICKY!!! This one looks so much better and there's a handle to pull it out, bonus!
    I will sit here, shave my beard bi-weekly, and appreciate every hot flash I'm blessed with! T.M.I.? You brought up the topic :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *Snicker*. I'm an extremely shy person in the flesh. Something takes over when I write. I try to control it, but it all hangs out when I'm manic.

      Delete
    2. Deedles:
      Your reply had me (and Jerry) laughing out loud.

      Delete
  6. Those sound messy...I've never had the urge to try one out for myself.

    Lol'ing at your comment about the packing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jennifer:
      After learning how they're used (and emptied), you wouldn't catch me putting one up ... well, you know what I mean!

      Delete
  7. Replies
    1. Frank:
      A very smart man. I should have had the video going while we got our explanation.

      Delete
  8. Yeah, I'm walking away from this

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Adam:
      I wish I had. i can't get it out of my head now.

      Delete
  9. San Geraldo is 'a stranger in a strange land', I see!
    Handy little devices I guess.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jim:
      Well, you wouldn't catch me using one of those ... even if I did have a hoo-hoo.

      Delete
    2. At first, Mitch, I thought it was an 'eye wash' contraption you were using.

      Delete
  10. Dear me the man looks quite vexed.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Poor Jerry! Not just a puzzle for gay men, but for any men past a certain age.

    I just thank all the gods out there I'm too old to need such a weird arse thing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rozzie:
      After getting the down-low, I decided it was a very bad idea.

      Delete
  12. It's way too early in the morning...

    ReplyDelete
  13. In such a pretty color. I would not have had a clue what they were, my guess would have been portable shot glasses!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Travel:
      They could DOUBLE as portable shot glasses. Oh, god, no!

      Delete

Please visit www.movingwithmitchell.com if you would like to comment or stay up to date. I stopped posting here and reproduced all previous posts, as well, 25 September 2018. Thanks!!!