Wednesday, June 27, 2018

I Musta Got Lost / Debo Haberme Perdido

La versión español está después de la versión inglés.

VEJER DE LA FRONTERA is a beautiful, historic town. I'll share more  in the coming days. Finding the parking lot when we arrived wasn't easy (we should have planned in advance). We drove through the most narrow streets we have ever navigated in a car. A lesser driver (than San Geraldo) might have panicked. I googled parking lots and we finally arrived.

"Will you remember how to get back here?" asked San Geraldo.

"No problem. I'll google it for the walk back."

"Good, because my foot hurts and I can't do a lot of walking today."

We walked much more than I expected. I googled the walk back. Eleven minutes. After 9 minutes, when we could see our destination from above, we didn't think it looked right. I said I didn't remember grass in our parking lot. I googled again.

We had parked in Parking Vejer. The lot we were approaching was Vejer Parking. I re-mapped to discover we were now 12 minutes away. (Don't tell San Geraldo, but It turns out we had been 4 minutes away from Parking Vejer when we started our walk.)

We stopped for ice cream  and drinks before continuing. I made a wrong turn and San Geraldo said he would stay a minute or two behind. I was to come back and tell him when I was sure I was heading in the right direction. That worked. San Geraldo was truly a saint. He laughed most of the way. And I got a really, really great walk.

VEJER DE LA FRONTERA es una bella e histórica ciudad. Compartiré más en los próximos días. Encontrar el aparcamiento cuando llegamos no fue fácil (deberíamos haberlo planeado). Condujimos a través de las calles más estrechas que hemos recorrido en un automóvil. Un conductor menor (que San Geraldo) podría haber entrado en pánico. Busqué aparcamiento en Google y finalmente llegamos.

"¿Recordarás cómo regresar aquí?" preguntó San Geraldo.

"No hay problema. Lo buscaré en google para el camino de regreso".

"Bien, porque me duele el pie y hoy no puedo caminar mucho".

Caminamos mucho más de lo que esperaba. Busqué en Google el camino de regreso. Once minutos. Después de 9 minutos, cuando pudimos ver nuestro destino desde arriba, no pensamos que se veía bien. Dije que no recordaba la hierba en nuestro aparcamiento. Busqué en Google nuevamente.

Habíamos aparcado en Parking Vejer. El lote al que nos acercábamos era Vejer Parking. Volví a mapear para descubrir que ahora estábamos a 12 minutos. (No se lo digas a San Geraldo, pero resultó que habíamos estado a 4 minutos de Parking Vejer cuando comenzamos nuestra caminata.)

Paramos para tomar helados y bebidas antes de seguir nuestro camino. Hice un giro incorrecto y San Geraldo dijo que se quedaría uno o dos minutos atrás. Yo tenía que volver y decirle cuándo estaba seguro de que iba en la dirección correcta. Eso funciono. San Geraldo fue realmente un santo. Él se rió la mayor parte del camino. Y tengo una muy, muy buena caminata.

CLICK FOR THE BIG PICTURE.
HAZ CLIC PARA EL CUADRO GENERAL
A VERY TIGHT SQUEEZE. (CLICK THE PHOTO.)
UN APRETÓN MUY APRETADO. (CLIC EN LA FOTO.)
JUST BEFORE WE FOLDED IN THE MIRRORS.
JUSTO ANTES DE QUE NOS DOBLEMOS LOS ESPEJOS.
GOOGLED FROM ABOVE.
BUSCADO EN GOOGLE DESDE ARRIBA.
VEJER PARKING, AS OPPOSED TO...
VEJER PARKING, OPUESTO A...
... AS OPPOSED TO, PARKING VEJER.
... OPUESTO A, PARKING VEJER.
I TOLD YOU WE WERE CLOSE!
¡TE DIJE QUE ESTÁBAMOS CERCA!


Debo haberme perdido... En algún lugar de la linea

21 comments:

  1. I have driven on sidewalks that were wider than that street.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Travel:
      I don't know how Jerry kept his cool. There was at times perhaps an inch on each side of the car.

      Delete
  2. Well, at least you had a nice sunny day for your epic walk!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Debra:
      The day could not have been more beautiful!

      Delete
  3. ay carumba! such a narrow street! but such a handsome man at the end! and a nice village with plenty of food stops.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. anne marie:
      I'm still trying to find the handsome man at the end!

      Delete
  4. Gorgeous town, but, oy, those streets! I couldn't .... I couldn't!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bob:
      Apparently, we weren't really meant to drive down that street to get to the parking lot -- although it's legal. We could have simply circled the city. Instead, we drove it twice!

      Delete
  5. I would not want to drive on those streets

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Adam:
      I think I might have panicked and simply stopped the car.

      Delete
  6. Zero sense of direction here! I got lost just looking at the map. I'd have a hard time walking those streets let alone driving on them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Deedles:
      I have a great sense of direction. Relying on Google is my downfall!

      Delete
  7. All so beautiful, but however did you manage to get down those pass ways.....Crisco?????????????

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. mistress maddie:
      Hmmm... I guess Jerry is skilled at slipping into tight spaces.

      Delete
  8. Not used to such densely packed towns. Where's your hat? Looks like a great place for some exploring, not to mention ice cream and drinks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wilma:
      The hat was very useful... on the backseat of the car we couldn't find!

      Delete
  9. That first photo looks like a Tibetan monastery!
    Looks HOT there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jim:
      The beautiful White Villages of Andalucía. It actually wasn't as hot as it looked. Perhaps mid-80s that day. We haven't been hit with super hot summer heat... yet.

      Delete
  10. Oh My Goodness !
    What a walk and drive in the tiny streets.
    Are you sure they are streets and not sidewalks ?

    cheers, parsnip

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful! I remember a few crazy narrow roads like that when we were attempting to drive in Spain. :)

    ReplyDelete

Please visit www.movingwithmitchell.com if you would like to comment or stay up to date. I stopped posting here and reproduced all previous posts, as well, 25 September 2018. Thanks!!!