Monday, June 18, 2018

Too Long At The Fair? / ¿Demasiado Tiempo En La Feria?

I USUALLY SHARE photos of Fuengirola's fairgrounds (in Los Boliches) during one of the many fairs that are held here. But the other day, I had a walk through the empty fairgrounds (public parking when not in use) and thought I'd show you what it looks like when I don't have to share the place with anyone else. I complain about the crowds; I missed the crowds. Go figure.

NORMALMENTE COMPARTO FOTOS del recinto ferial de Fuengirola (en Los Boliches) durante una de las muchas ferias que se celebran aquí. Pero el otro día, tuve una caminata a través del recinto ferial vacío (estacionamiento público cuando no está en uso) y pensé que te mostraría lo que parece cuando no tengo que compartir el lugar con nadie más. Me quejo de las multitudes; eché de menos a las multitudes. Imagínate.













"PEÑA" IS A ROCKY OUTCROP OR EOCKY SUMMIT, BUT IT CAN ALSO MEAN FAN CLUB OR ASSOCIATION.
I LOVE THE CAULIFLOWER SOCCER BALL.
ME ENCANTA EL FÚTBOL COLIFLOR.

Quería que la música siguiera sonando para siempre ...

22 comments:

  1. This is such a great-looking place.
    How is your eye doing, Mitchell?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Judy:
      Eye is doing well. Thanks! Still healing, but I'm once again exercising (some) and cleaning up after Jerry.

      Delete
  2. Very interesting and attractive architecture! I like the building with the pottery jug entrance, the building with the fan, the buildings with the polka dots and the guitar statue.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Debra:
      That wine jug entrance is my favorite. And I love the fan and the polka dots, too. It's hard to take it all in when it's decorated, lit up, and filled with people.

      Delete
  3. It looks rather sterile. Are you late, or are you early?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wilma:
      Hmmm. Sterile is not a word I'd use. But it changes when there's something going on there. Lights, decorations...

      Delete
  4. It's curiously eerie and beautiful at the same time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Deedles:
      It's strange to walk through when it's empty -- once you've been there for a fair.

      Delete
  5. I second deedles. LOVE the architecture!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. anne marie:
      Sevilla's fairgrounds are nothing more than vacant (desolate) lots when there's no fair. I find this kind of charming.

      Delete
  6. Room to breathe! And it was ALL YOURS!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It would be eerily at night if you were by yourself.

    And I ADORE Sasha Velour!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maddie:
      Yeah, I don't know how thrilled I'd be to wander there alone in the dark.

      Delete
  8. It's a very pretty ghost town, no?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bob:
      "As I walked out on the streets of Laredo" played in my head.

      Delete
  9. Bright sunny days. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Walt the Fourth:
      Yep. That's what we have most of the time. It gets SO boring (no it doesn't... but I for one do enjoy a rainy day).

      Delete
  10. And soon it will be filled with people.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am continually amazed how clean and bright things are over there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Spo:
      Sunshine and sea breezes. And the City takes great care of things.

      Delete

Please visit www.movingwithmitchell.com if you would like to comment or stay up to date. I stopped posting here and reproduced all previous posts, as well, 25 September 2018. Thanks!!!