Wednesday, June 13, 2018

The Museum Of The City / El Museo de La Ciudad

La versión español está después de la versión inglés.

CURRENTLY ON EXIBIT at the Museum of the City of Fuengirola are examples of works produced by six different artists/artisans workshops from Fuengirola's nearby Department of Culture. The workshops encompass ceramics and sculpture, binding and restoration of books, photography, engraving, painting, and restoration and furniture recycling. Included in the restoration exhibit are items from our friend Marisa's class; Marisa restored my mother's corbel shelf (click here). What an inspiration. Maybe, finally, after THIS summer (which will be our sixth in Fuengirola), I'll register for classes.

ACTUALMENTE SE EXHIBEN en el Museo de la Ciudad de Fuengirola ejemplos de seis talleres de artistas/artesanos del cercano Casa de Cultura: cerámica y escultura, encuadernación y restauración de libros, fotografía, grabado, pintura y restauración y reciclaje de muebles. Incluido en la exhibición son cosas de la classe de nuestra amiga Marisa; ella restauró la ménsula de mi madre (haz clic aquí). ¡Que inspiracion! Quizás, finalmente, después de ESTE verano (que será el sexto en Fuengirola), me registraré para las clases.







"RED ON MARBLE. TRIBUTE TO WOMEN MURDERED BY MACHO VIOLENCE IN 2017."




26 comments:

  1. Oh these are fantastic! I love the chubby figurines. They give me (false) hope. I really like the bugs/ants in the grass. It took me a minute to realize that a large dog with a hemorrhoid problem didn't have an accident. You can't see the legs on those suckers in the grass! By all means, take the class!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Deedles:
      As you can tell, those figurines were my favorite. There are classes that start in September and I won't be in NYC when they start. i hope I do it!

      Delete
  2. Is Trump coming or going?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous! Cheeto man is my favorite though

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheapchick:
      Our friends did a hilarious series of each of them "posing" with "Dumpf." (throwing up, crapping, etc.)

      Delete
  4. Wonderful exhibit! My faves are the ceramic BBWs! (Big Beautiful Women!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. look at all of us BBWs loving the BBW sculptures! and the ants...that's so lifelike!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. anne marie:
      The consensus seems to be the BBWs. They were exceptional!

      Delete
  6. Oooh, I'm changing my description from chubby to BBW! That sounds so much better! Thank you Debra :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Which picture has the trash in it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Travel:
      Ha! The ants would be crawling AWAY from you-know-what.

      Delete
  8. LOVE it all! Yes, Mitchell, you WILL have to enroll won't you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jim:
      I think about it ever year and then we're not here when classes start. This year we should be!

      Delete
  9. Why anyone would waste time and supplies to make the first is beyond me. Don't give that bastard the time of day. Meh.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. mistress maddie:
      At least it's not a tribute. It's affirming to know how a Spaniard feels about the giant cheeto.

      Delete
  10. What Mistress Maddie says.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Replies
    1. Adam:
      I know our friend Marisa is talented but I was still very surprised and impressed by the quality of the work on display.

      Delete
  12. The ants are a bit alarming.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Spo:
      I thought they were strange and a little entertaining.

      Delete
  13. Of course we grilled Luke about the no touching rule. Want to know why two of the red books at the bottom are slightly not in place? We look back and Luke is stepping through them nonchalantly. He was like, "What?! I didn't touch anything!"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. KMoff:
      True confessions! I did exactly what Luke did. Blind/blurry spot in my vision and I didn't look down. Thank GOD no one was around. Anyway, I'm sure my kick put them back into place from the damage Luke did.

      Delete

Please visit www.movingwithmitchell.com if you would like to comment or stay up to date. I stopped posting here and reproduced all previous posts, as well, 25 September 2018. Thanks!!!