Saturday, June 2, 2018

Stick Out Your Tongue / Saca La Lengua

Hay una versión español después de la versión inglés.

OUR FRIEND PEDRO thinks I only write about our cats when I have nothing interesting to talk about. I don’t think Pedro is a cat person.

The other night, Luke was wearing a really cool dinosaur shirt that had been given to him by his grandmother Rebecca (click here). The T-rex has a "pocket tongue" that you can stick out or tuck back in. I loved it. I tried to get a picture of the family and the T-shirt.

I said, "Luke, stick out your tongue like the dinosaur."

As he did so, Pedro and Kathleen both looked down at Luke.

I said, "Mom and Dad, look at me. Luke, stick out your tongue again."

Between waiting for the flash and trying to get my models to follow instructions, what I finally got was Luke looking at me, Kathleen looking at Luke, and Pedro and the dinosaur sticking out their tongues.

Dudo thinks I only write about Luke (and Pedro and Kathleen) when I have nothing interesting to talk about. I don’t think Dudo is a people cat.

NUESTRO AMIGO PEDRO piensa que yo solo escribo sobre nuestros gatos cuando no tengo nada de interés de qué hablar. Creo que Pedro no es una persona de gatos.

La otra noche, Luke llevaba una camisa de dinosaurio realmente genial que le había sido regalada por su abuela Rebecca (haz clic aquí). El T-rex tiene una "lengua de bolsillo" que puedes destacar o volver a meter. Me encantó. Traté de obtener una foto de la familia y la camiseta.

Le dije: "Luke, saca la lengua como el dinosaurio".

Mientras lo hacía, Pedro y Kathleen miraron a Luke.

Dije: "Mamá y papá, mírame. Luke, saca la lengua otra vez".

Entre esperar el flash e intentar que mis modelos siguieran las instrucciones, finalmente conseguí que Luke me mirándome sin sacar la lengua, Kathleen mirando a Luke, y Pedro y el dinosauria sacando la lengua.

Dudo cree que yo solo escribo sobre Luke (y Pedro y Kathleen) cuando no tengo nada de interés de qué hablar. Creo que Dudo no es un gato de personas.




26 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Judy:
      You're so easy to please. And I'm so grateful!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. anne marie:
      Cool, huh? They used to be mine but were too small!

      Delete
  3. My little brother is really into dinosaurs, he really wants to see the new Jurassic park. I miss being that age, where dinosaurs were the coolest thing ever

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Adam:
      Yep. Luke is at that age. Dinosaur books. Dinosaur stickers. Dinosaur clothing. Even dinosaur pasta.

      Delete
  4. Love dudo's perspective!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can't go wrong with dinosaurs - unless your audience is a cat, that is.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wilma:
      Luke even eats dinosaur pasta. Dudo might enjoy playing with it.

      Delete
  6. Kathleen thinks Pedro's shoes match Luke's shirt only when he has nothing better to wear.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Walt the Fourth:
      Kathleen and Pedro have been waiting for one of their outfits to show up on my blog.

      Delete
  7. If anyone I knew showed an indifference to cats I'd seriously be considering whether our friendship was worthwhile - and if they demonstrated an open hostility our friendship would be DITCHED forthwith!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Raybeard:
      Pedro has other fine qualities. And he doesn't really dislike cats; I think he was just being a smart ass... one of those fine qualities I mentioned.

      Delete
  8. Dinosaurs and Kitties, perfect.

    cheers, parsnip

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Parsnip:
      Luke was up here once to meet the cats. They took one look at HIM and hid.

      Delete
  9. Pedro and Dudo have more in common than they realize, I guess.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I LOVE Pedro's shoes! I hate shutter lag, or flash lag. I wonder what cats really think of us?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Travel:
      Those shoes were mind first. They were too small! I love them, too. He get compliments on them every time he wears them. He's a high-school teacher and his students think he's so cool! (And it's all thanks to me.) Well, I know for certain Dudo and Moose adore us; but I do think they sometimes find us kind of dense.

      Delete
  11. Cats are rather self-centered. Try to tell as many people as you can in town this week.

    ReplyDelete

Please visit www.movingwithmitchell.com if you would like to comment or stay up to date. I stopped posting here and reproduced all previous posts, as well, 25 September 2018. Thanks!!!