Thursday, October 25, 2018

Echolocation / Ecolocación

La versión español está después de la primera foto.

ALTHOUGH I HAVEN'T said anything, I've been having some emotional challenges again lately. Just a normal downswing in my life. Brain chemistry. (I was never very good at chemistry.)

In times like these, I withdraw from people — sometimes completely and sometimes, like now, just a little. Communing with animals is my therapy. Since the cats are so busy with the crag martins, I decided to go to Bioparc Fuengirola (the zoo) after lunch today.

In January, Bioparc Fuengirola become the only animal park in Andalusia authorized by the European Association of Zoos and Aquariums to house a reproductive group of gorillas.  I'd like you to meet my new friend Echo, a Western Lowland Gorilla who moved to Fuengirola in May to hook up with longtime resident Kim. He and Kim are getting along well... although I don't think they've been "intimate."

I think Echo and I hit it off well. He might not agree.



AUNQUE NO HE mencionado nada, he estado teniendo algunos desafíos emocionales de nuevo últimamente. Sólo un giro normal en mi vida. Química cerebral. (Nunca fui muy bueno en química._

En momentos como estos, me retiro de las personas, a veces completamente y otras, como ahora, solo un poco. La comunión con los animales es mi terapia. Como los gatos están tan ocupados con los martineros, decidí ir a Bioparc Fuengirola (el zoológico) después del almuerzo de hoy.

En enero, Bioparc Fuengirola se convirtió en el único parque de animales en Andalucía autorizado por la Asociación Europea de Zoológicos y Acuarios para albergar un grupo reproductivo de gorilas. Me gustaría que conozcas a mi nuevo amigo Echo, un gorila occidental de llanura que se mudó a Fuengirola en mayo para reunirse con el residente de larga duración, Kim. Él y Kim se llevan bien ... aunque no creo que hayan sido "íntimos".

Creo que Echo y yo nos llevamos bien. Es posible que no esté de acuerdo.

"OH, HI."
"OH, HOLA."

"OK, STARTING TO GET UNCOMFORTABLE."
"OK, ESTO ESTÁ EMPEZANDO A SER INCÓMODO."
"WILL YOU BE GONE WHEN I OPEN MY EYES?"
"¿TE HABRÁS IDO CUANDO ABRA MIS OJOS?"
"GUESS NOT."
"SUPONGO QUE NO."
ECHO GOES TO VISIT KIM WHO WAS HAVING A SOAK DOWN BELOW.
ECHO VA A VISITAR A KIM QUE ESTABA TENIENDO UN BAÑO ABAJO.

BACK HOME, MOOSE AND DUDO  JUST IGNORE ME. ECHO WILL LEARN.
DE VUELTA A CASA, MOOSE Y DUDO SIMPLEMENTE ME IGNORAN. ECHO APRENDERÁ.

17 comments:

  1. The Many Moods of Echo! Love it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bob,
      I’ve heard he’s a sweetheart. Easy going. Intelligent. Friendly. Lucky Kim.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Anne Marie,
      It’s scary. I actually thought you would mention them!

      Delete
  3. You drew Echo out of his shell.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kirk,
      I don’t thing he has a shell. I’ve read that he’s charming, friendly, intelligent, sweet.

      Delete
  4. *hugs* to you Mitchell. And to Echo, if he will accept them. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Snoskred,
      I won’t take a chance with Echo, but I sure do appreciate them. Thanks.

      Delete
  5. Echo looks to be a companionable sort who knows the value of silence.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wilma,
      He’s reputed to be absolutely wonderful. Friendly, extremely intelligent, sweet.

      Delete
  6. I've had the impression that you weren't feeling quite up to par lately. I'm sorry. I'm also sending you a big, warm, virtual hug. ❤ You have friends who love you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jennifer,
      Thanks. I’m virtually feeling those hugs!

      Delete
  7. Adam,
    That was such a horrific story. People can be idiots.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Echo looks like a nice friend. Take care,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Travel,
      Such a pleasure to meet him. I could visit every day. Amazing that our little city has such a world class Bioparc.

      Delete
  9. Animals are the best to be around. They sense something is up and can be great company. And they usually don't talk back!
    You know yourself so well, Mitchell. Be kind.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jim,
      Moose does talk back... he never shuts up actually. But we have great conversations and he loves Toby be petted. Dudo lets me cuddle him, kiss his head, and snuggle. So grateful.

      Delete

Please visit www.movingwithmitchell.com if you would like to comment or stay up to date. I stopped posting here and reproduced all previous posts, as well, 25 September 2018. Thanks!!!